maandag 9 juni 2014

For the second time today: hello!

This time it is The Devil wears Prada. If you haven't heard of the book or the film, you are living under a rock. This book has been immensely popular, not to mention the success of the film.
Nonetheless I will explain where the book is about.

Andrea Sachs just graduated from Brown college, and wants to be a writer. She just has to find the job that will be her gateway to the publisher world. And so she roles into the job where 'A million girls would die for'. She is the second assistant of the famous Miranda Priestly, the head editor of the fashion magazine Runway and the devil herself. And then there is Andrea's coworker, the first assistant Emily. Andrea has to do all kind of stupid chores, like getting her laundry from the dry cleaner and make reservations for restaurants with other people, to cancel them ten minutes later. She hadn't got any time left for her boyfriend, best friend, sister or parents. How long will she keep coping with this insane woman, that you have to find out yourself.

It was a very funny book to read, and easy too. This is such a book you can't stop reading until you finished it. You feel how stressed out and pissed of Andrea gets and she tries to stand up against Miranda, by spending as much as she possibly can on account of the company. It is sad to see her lose a lot and see her finally make the right choice. Before I read this book, I had watched the film several times. I always like it to make the comparison between the book and the film, but most of the time the book is way better than the film. I also think that the film has to be made as much likely as possible to the book. The film of The Devil wears Prada isn't better nor worse than the book; its just different. There are a few character traits of Miranda that are different from the book. And that is why I think the book is slightly better.

The next book Is going to be Revenge wears Prada

Ike

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten