zondag 3 augustus 2014

hi my readers,

I've decided that I'll continue with my blog about books. I started the blog because it was an assignment for my english class. I've enjoyed writing it so there will be more books! Unfortunately I will not only write about books I read because I like them but also books I have to read for school. Nonetheless I look forward to write about the books.

this time I'm going to write about Citadel from Kate Moss. She has written other historical novels, which I pan to read sometime. 
The book is about Sandrine  Vidal, a young woman who is 18 years old and lives in a village in the south of France called Carcasonne. The story starts in 1942 when the war hasn't reached the village yet. On a certain day she finds a man lying unconsciously in the river and she tries to rescue him but before she can make clear he is save, she gets knocked out as well. Later she has no idea by whom and why she gets knocked, where the fellow she tried to rescue has gone, and who the guy was that saved her. Thanks to this incident she slowly gets pulled into the underground war between the ones against and the ones for the germans. She finds out that the guy who rescued her was Raoul and together the start an underground network called Citadel. The people in the network are woman who are willing to fight. Together the try to save Carcasonne and the south of France.

I liked this book, although I haven't read a lot of historical novels. It is very nicely written, not to easy and not to hard. In the beginning the book is light and sweet but how further you come how darker and more serious it gets, just like the war itself. This book is partly based on true stories but partly and is a fantasy story. This is another reason why I like the book a lot.

I'm planning to read more books from Kate Moss but tomorrow I will write about The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (another Kate :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten