I just started a new blog because I needed a subject to write about on a blog. in finely found one! Books!
I love readingbut I don't have much time to read so i'm going to write about every book I read even when it is not in English.
first book: Emma from Jane Austen
in the vacation in october 2013 I went to Paris with my brother and father. There was this very cute litlle bookshop which was aperently pretty famous. It is called Shakespeare and Co. there are lots of books in that shop of very different subjects. The thing that the all have in common is they are all English and literature.
there are books of Charles dickens, Jane austen, Shakespeare and etc. When I go to Paris again I'm definetly pklanning on going back too the shop. I bought one book: Emma.
I took almost three months for me to finish the book. although there was a lot repeating, I loved reading it. For this book it wasn't a bad thing to take my time for reading it. you know what is going to happen too Emma but you don't expect how it is going to happen.
Emma is a young, rich, beautiful and clever girl, but her flaw is that she wants to interfere in the love life of others. her friend mr. Knightley warns her more than once that she shouldn't interfere. She does it anyway and with her friend Harriet. Emma convinced her to decline a proposal and fall in love with mr. Elton, which was stupid because in a carriage when mr. Elton is a litlle bit drunk he says to Emma that he wants to marry her. Emma absolutely doesn't want that and he goes to london for a few weeks. What further happens to Emma, I think you should read yourself.
the next book is probably Reinaarde de vos in dutch
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten